WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Learn Wine    New to this site
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to this site
 Login/Join 
posted
I'd like to introduce myself. I am 61 years old, recently retired from IBM after 35 years.
Prior to working for IBM, I was being trained as a respected wine consultant and had the opportunity to be President of Les Ami du Vin in 1972.
During my times with IBM, I was still involved with wines. I ran many personal wine tastings, tasting many of the first growth Bordeaux.
In 1995, I worked part time running wine tastings at a package store. Now, I am working part time at another package store as their wine consultant.
For the past 6 years, I also organize a wine dinner for about 100 people. I change the theme of the wines each year and work with the caterer to come up with the best pairing.
I am also registered at Robin Garr's Wine Lovers Forum.
My other love is learning and drinking some of the finer craft beers.
My spare time? I cook.

Posts: 2 | Location: CT | Registered: Feb 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the boards. Sounds like you can both contribute to our knowledge base, and learn from many of our respected and valued membership.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5853 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The way I look at it, you're in CT, which is close. And you like to cook. And you're retired, which means you have some time.

So why not come to NYC and cook up something awesome and bring some of the wine you've been collecting all these years?

Not that I'm looking to take advantage of anyone, but I mean . . .

"The best part is how he said the ENGLISH language. Fine irony. Use American next time."

Posts: 2671 | Location: NY | Registered: Dec 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post