WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Learn Wine    Under Counter Wine Storage Recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Under Counter Wine Storage Recommendations
 Login/Join 
posted
Looking to replace our ULine under counter wine cooler and wondering what others would recommend. Have had to replace cooling unit on ULine twice in three years, so not overly impressed with that brand but not sure what else to consider. Husband would like a Eurocave but I'm not convinced. Thanks for any advice!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary S.:
Looking to replace our ULine under counter wine cooler and wondering what others would recommend. Have had to replace cooling unit on ULine twice in three years, so not overly impressed with that brand but not sure what else to consider. Husband would like a Eurocave but I'm not convinced. Thanks for any advice!

i've heard from friends that the ones under counter realy suck and they get replaced all too often as you've seen.

I'm not too sure of teh cause though but I would recommend a standing cabinet instead of an under counter one, but that's just me.

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 17688 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks g-man. Since we have the ULine undercounter one now, we have to get something to fill up the space. Currently looking at an Edgestar.

Would love to hear from folks that have an undercounter unit and are pleased with it.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
I'm not too sure of teh cause though but I would recommend a standing cabinet instead of an under counter one, but that's just me.

+1

i'd go with the eurocave.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+2

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 7077 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post