WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2006 Havens "Bourriquot" Red Wine, Napa Valley
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2006 Havens "Bourriquot" Red Wine, Napa Valley
 Login/Join 
posted
2006 was the last vintage for this wine and for Havens in general. A 67/33 blend of Cab Franc and Merlot, it was a very solid Right Bank impersonator in the three previous vintages I'd tasted ('98-'99-'00), but with a change in ownership and bankruptcy looming, the '06 ends the story with a whimper.

Raspberry, bay leaf & mocha aromas with a medicinal streak; herbal & woody notes sit on a middleweight frame & moderate tannins; decent length finish; flavors emerge over time.
At least this final vintage was blown out for bargain-bin prices, so for my purchase price of $18 the QPR is still acceptable.
87 pts.

Posts: 2507 | Location: L.A. | Registered: Mar 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would highly recommend giving Virage a try. I believe they picked up the grapes - there are 2 vintages (07 and 08), and both are excellent.

Soooo, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

Posts: 1100 | Location: Hudson, OH | Registered: Nov 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post