WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2000 Domaine de la Janasse Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Chaupin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2000 Domaine de la Janasse Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Chaupin
 Login/Join 
posted
2000 Domaine de la Janasse Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Chaupin - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (12/29/2012)

Opened by Allred. 1st time I have had this particular vintage. I did have the 2007 Chaupin last year and it was flawed. I also had the regular 2000 Janeasse CdP and this bottle was a far superior. Mineral nose. Notes of spices, herbs, lavender and earthy fruit. Medium to full bodied. Chewy tannins. 91-92 points.

VM

Posts: 12288 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like this wine. Oddly, of all the Janasse bottles I've tasted, this is the only one that's ever impressed me.

Posts: 1864 | Location: L.A. | Registered: Dec 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post