WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2004 Ch. Lascombes Margaux
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2004 Ch. Lascombes Margaux
 Login/Join 
posted
Tasted 6/23/07 at a retail tasting.

Pretty cherry-berry funk on this w/some tobacco & spice box, the concentrated, fruit-packed finish goes long. Impressive.

92 pts. Available locally for about $47.

Posts: 2501 | Location: L.A. | Registered: Mar 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VS,
You dont have a TN for the 03, do you?

Posts: 1478 | Location: Lincoln NE | Registered: Jul 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was very awesome straight out of the bottle (tasted at Pearson's in DC a little while ago)... I picked one up ($45) to have as a wedding anniversary off-year wine. Decent price I think for an impressive wine you can open now or later. I'd go 93 pts on it.

Posts: 4066 | Location: Alexandria, VA, USA | Registered: Oct 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You fool....this wine isn't even close to ready. There is nothing you can tell from it now. Maybe one day you'll learn from your mistakes.

Thanks for the notes!

-DRAB

So much wine.....so little time!!!

Posts: 7015 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's starting to sink in. Ya think? Roll Eyes

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36898 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dr.darkrichandbold:
You fool....this wine isn't even close to ready. There is nothing you can tell from it now. Maybe one day you'll learn from your mistakes.

Thanks for the notes!

-DRAB

LMAO! Damn near spit coffee on my monitor. Big Grin

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13603 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for tasting it now that you mention it.

I wish you had been at the wine store so you could have pressured me to turn down the free taste of the 2004 Lascombes. I should have sealed the taste in a bottle for a few years before downing it, indeed.

Oh wait, I did bring home an unopened 2004 Lascombes!

j/k, that was pretty damned funny, DRAB.

Posts: 4066 | Location: Alexandria, VA, USA | Registered: Oct 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I should have sealed the taste in a bottle for a few years before downing it, indeed.

Exactly....

Maybe one day you'll learn from your mistakes, just as I have. MWWWAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAHHHAAAA!!! I have the power!!!!!!

Posts: 7015 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the notes!

-DRAB

classic

Posts: 4216 | Location: Southern Calif | Registered: Jul 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 5252 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jun 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity....

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS - 2010 and 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Posts: 9636 | Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the notes!

-DRAB

Yeah, whatever. The IMPORTANT thing is that I was the FIRST person to post a note! Razz

Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 2501 | Location: L.A. | Registered: Mar 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, whatever. The IMPORTANT thing is that I was the FIRST person to post a note!

And that is what has been eating away at me all day! Now I'll never be the 1st to post on '04 Lascombes! I don't know what to do with myself....I just might have to counter this with an '04 DRC TN......

posted Hide Post
Many a truth is spoken in jest. Roll Eyes

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36898 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried the 04 Lascombes back in January and was impressed, in fact I was impressed with most of the wines from Margaux. If you liked the Lascombes try the Kirwan...

Posts: 2207 | Location: Chicago Suburbs | Registered: Oct 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 02 was one of my favorite Bordeaux's. I'm giving the 03-04's a little time.

------------------------------
Originally posted by Board-O:
It's truly amazing the amount of meaningless posts you make.

"All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved." Matthew 10:22

Posts: 2529 | Location: Illinois | Registered: Jun 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys then when will it be a good time to open my

CHÂTEAU LASCOMBES Margaux 2001

CHÂTEAU KIRWAN Margaux 2004

Cheers....

Wine or Wife....Kick the Wife and keep the Wine!!

Posts: 19 | Registered: May 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a slow learner. I opened one of these this week. It's a classy bordeaux... You can immediately tell. Very enjoyable. But it's still very young. Hold. Duh.

posted Hide Post
Decanted for about an hour before having first glass with grilled pork chops, and drank over the next 3 hours. Finished the second half of the bottle the next night. Aroma of leather, graphite and some dark fruit along with a hint of smokiness. Taste has plum and has a moderately high level of acidity. 87 points.

Posts: 3252 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WS, better the next night?
Saving mine for a 10yr retro next year, and later.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Primordialsoup:
WS, better the next night?
Saving mine for a 10yr retro next year, and later.

I can't specifically recall, as this was a week or two ago, but I usually make specific note if I notice improvement (or decline) on the 2nd night.

Posts: 3252 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post