WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2010 Evening Land Pinot Noir Seven Springs Vnyd. La Source Eola Amity Hills, OR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2010 Evening Land Pinot Noir Seven Springs Vnyd. La Source Eola Amity Hills, OR
 Login/Join 
posted
Notes of sour cherry, strawberry and orange peel with hints of balsa, hazelnuts, soil and smoke. Light to medium bodied wine with a silky mouthfeel. Slightly disjointed with noticeable acidity and tannins typical of a young OR pn. Medium long finish. Light on its feet with 13.1% etoh. This is tasty now but will probably improve over the next 5 to 10 years. At that point, this wine will definitely appeal to those who like a more delicate styled expression of Pinot noir. Lacks the complexity and body of pinots from 08 and 05, but outstanding nonetheless. Red guy A- (based on potential).

Cost at LWS: $50

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red guy in a blue state,

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2823 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great note. Thanks for posting. Obviously a solid effort. However, I think that once the Evening Land team gets 'dialed-in' on how best to work with Seven Springs fruit that they have the component pieces to produce potentially phenomenal wines. As much as I recoil from their 'money trumps everything' approach, I have to admit that they are producing very good wines right out of the gate.

Posts: 1528 | Location: STL | Registered: Dec 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. The few Evening Lands I have tried have been solid, but not other worldly. Honestly, I am not sure how this one got 96 points. Confused

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2823 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Red dude,

Had this and one other Evening Land at the Dundee Wine Bar on my previous trip north of the border. Both nice, but I had a long list of other PNs I would have rather purchased.

"One barrel of wine can work more miracles than a church full of saints." - Italian proverb.

Posts: 339 | Location: Carlsbad, CA., USA | Registered: Jul 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
Honestly, I am not sure how this one got 96 points. Confused

There are more than a few people wondering the same thing.

Posts: 1528 | Location: STL | Registered: Dec 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Honestly, I am not sure how this one got 96 points.

Should have been WOTY Devilish

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5426 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
Honestly, I am not sure how this one got 96 points.

Should have been WOTY Devilish

Maybe next year. Roll Eyes Big Grin

----------