WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2008 Domaine Dauvissat (Rene & Vincent) 1er Cru Vaillons Chablis
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2008 Domaine Dauvissat (Rene & Vincent) 1er Cru Vaillons Chablis
 Login/Join 
posted
Great balance on this young wine. Exotic fruit playing against robust acidity equals a fun wine to drink over several hours at cellar temperature and warmer.

These wines just offer so much more than your typical over $50 California Chardonnay ( exceptions I know) and just works so well with food.

I'm glad to have more in my cellar.

Posts: 30092 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like my kind of wine! How ready to drink do you feel it is.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36782 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Board-O, I do not want to miss out on the freshness of the fruit playing against the acidity.

Now to 2015 for me. I'm having a lot of fun with '08 Chablis.

Posts: 30092 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tend to like these young, but there have been a few vintages that just need time. Thanks

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36782 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the note w+a. I love Dauvissat and I agree that the 08s are approachable and excellent to drink now and over the next 5 years or so while letting the 07s rest.

Posts: 520 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Nov 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Great balance on this young wine. Exotic fruit playing against robust acidity equals a fun wine to drink over several hours at cellar temperature and warmer.

These wines just offer so much more than your typical over $50 California Chardonnay ( exceptions I know) and just works so well with food.

I'm glad to have more in my cellar.

This was the first '08 Vaillons I have had the pleasure to drink. I have tasted several bottles of the Forest and both are excellent in 2008. To me they are wonderful now. I have enjoyed the '06s as well which have now evolved to some more secondary favors. W+A and I have now shared both '08 Raveneau and Dauvissat. Both are excellent and may be my favorite younger Chablis that I have ever tasted.

Posts: 2180 | Location: Virginia | Registered: Aug 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longboarder:

W+A and I have now shared both '08 Raveneau and Dauvissat. Both are excellent and may be my favorite younger Chablis that I have ever tasted.

We have indeed. Cool