WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2003 Domaine Roger Perrin Châteauneuf-du-Pape Reserve des Vieilles Vignes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2003 Domaine Roger Perrin Châteauneuf-du-Pape Reserve des Vieilles Vignes
 Login/Join 
posted
2003 Domaine Roger Perrin Châteauneuf-du-Pape Reserve des Vieilles Vignes - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (8/11/2011)

I think Anwar brought this to the LostVerse offline last weekend. Decanted for about 2 hours before drinking. It was still very tight and in need of aging. Firm tannins hiding much of the fruit. Some black cherry notes and tar. Give this time. 88 points now but should improve by up to 4 points or more with time. 88 points.

VM

Posts: 12286 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was not a fan of the 03 CdP's at first. They tasted like Sierra Nevada Zinfandel. The last few years though they have started to round out and I think most will be really jumping over the next few years.

Paul Romero (tlily)- Owner, Winemaker, Tour Guide
Stefania Wine
http://www.stefaniawine.com

Posts: 7670 | Location: Gilroy, CA  | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stefania, what was your opinion of the 07s? Too ripe? If so, given what you're seeing with the 03s, that they will round out?

"This is the strangest life I've ever known."

Posts: 1357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: Nov 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had any 07 that was near as ripe as any 03 I had young. No concerns by me on how the 07's will mature.

Paul Romero (tlily)- Owner, Winemaker, Tour Guide
Stefania Wine
http://www.stefaniawine.com

Posts: 7670 | Location: Gilroy, CA  | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2003 Domaine Roger Perrin Châteauneuf-du-Pape Reserve des Vieilles Vignes - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (12/29/2012)

Opened by Anwar. 2nd time I have had this in the last 1.5 years. Only slightly more open than last year. Creamy texture. Notes of black fruit and charcoal. Tight and firm tannins. I liked it better this year but it still needs more time and will improve. 89-90 points

VM

Posts: 12286 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post