WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2003 Vieux Telegraphe Chateauneuf du Pape "La Crau"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2003 Vieux Telegraphe Chateauneuf du Pape "La Crau"
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinole:
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:
Originally posted by MiamiAtty:
Jcocktosten and FKG brought this wine over tonight. We decanted it about 5 minutes (in the bottle Big Grin) over Falafel sandwiches, and assorted cheeses.

This wine had a beautiful ruby color which was starting to brick. Medium to full bodied, it showed red cherry, raspberry, and spices against a smooth tannic backdrop. A midpalate of stewed fruit with minerals eased into a slightly smokey finish. I'll give this '03 a very drinkable 93.

This wine was such a pleasure to drink with such great company.

Good note - was very pleased with this. Much better than the last time I had this bottle about 3 years ago at one of the Bistro Provence offlines. Happy we have 3 more 750s and 1 magnum

Nice note MA. Glad it showed so well as it will be one of your last wines as a bachelor. Wink I'm pretty sure the bottle JC mentioned was mine and it was too early. Made me remember buying VT and and Janasse Chaupin for $30-35 at Wine Warehouse. Alas, those days are gone as CdP has more than doubled in price and Wine Warehouse closed its last S FL location in Ft Lauderdale not too long ago.

Exactly correct. it was definitely your bottle and I think we were sitting next to each other and Miami-Atty was down on the other end. FKG and Iactually had one of these in 2008 according to CT. I think we got this at the Wine Warehouse

Posts: 5974 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
  • 2003 Domaine du Vieux Télégraphe Châteauneuf-du-Pape La Crau - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (10/25/2012)
    Decanted 90 minutes before serving. Very good. Beautiful nose of red berries, garrigue spice, and a bit smoky. The palate reminds me of ruby port, but not sweet. Cherry tobacco and earthy minerality. Mouth-watering acidity and long smooth finish.

Posted from CellarTracker

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3484 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post