WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    1990 Domaine de la Romanee - Conti St. Vivant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1990 Domaine de la Romanee - Conti St. Vivant
 Login/Join 
posted
A darn nice Pinot that the nose outperformed the palate.

Wonderful earthy bouquet with ripe raspberries, black cherries, smoke and spice on the nose that was very pleasing. While the flavor profile was classic red Burgundy and very good, the wine just lacked the depth I would have expected and a shosh too much orange zest on the finish overall for me.

A very good bottle, but not truly special.

Posts: 29585 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1990 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti St. Vivant

quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

A darn nice Pinot...

I know, right?

And Ferrari makes a decent ride. Smile

Cheers!

Posts: 8127 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad. A wine from the DRC and 1990 should be truly great. Ah, such is Burgundy!

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36424 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Ah, such is Burgundy wine !

No great wines, just great bottles.

Posts: 29585 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post