WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2010 Benton-Lane Pinot Noir Estate Grown Willamette Valley
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2010 Benton-Lane Pinot Noir Estate Grown Willamette Valley
 Login/Join 
posted
  • 2010 Benton-Lane Pinot Noir Estate Grown Willamette Valley - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (11/18/2012)
    Slightly tart cherry, slightly charred oak, spicy, resolving to licorice on the finish. On opening this exhibited some green flavors but they went away as the wine got air and warmed up a bit. Very nice.

Posted from CellarTracker

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3462 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the notes! I got to try this at work and it was $20 wholesale andIi thought nice for the price.

Posts: 9404 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's $19.99 retail here.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3462 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you had any other vintages of the wine and if so how did they compare?

I went through a case of the '04. Really good pinot for the price I thought. Have half a case of the '08's and a few of their '06 First Class in the cellar. Hope they're as good, actually hope the FC is much better.

Posts: 2297 | Location: NH Seacoast | Registered: Oct 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's $26/ btl here in KY with all the taxes! Mad, but still a nice wine for the price. The 2010 still needs a little time, imo. Wait about 6 months before popping, or give a good decant and this wine really comes around.

Posts: 1896 | Registered: Jul 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post