WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2010 Yves Cuilleron - Syrah Vin de Pays des Collines Rhodaniennes "Les Candives"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2010 Yves Cuilleron - Syrah Vin de Pays des Collines Rhodaniennes "Les Candives"
 Login/Join 
posted
2010 Domaine Yves Cuilleron Syrah Vin de Pays des Collines Rhodaniennes Les Candives - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Vin de Pays des Collines Rhodaniennes (1/19/2013)
-- popped and poured --
-- tasted non-blind over a few hours --

NOSE: French toast; slight stemmy/white pepper note; a bit tart: savory red berries; medium to medium+ expressiveness; high-toned.

BODY: garnet color of medium to medium-deep depth; clear; medium bodied.

TASTE: grapefruit; savory; very good and very N. Rhone-esque; slightly herby; good acidity; what little tannin exists is very fine and just a touch drying --- doesn’t provide much grip; 12.5% alc. is not noticeable; floral; light and slightly tart red/purple fruit – plum & red currant; not even close to over-concentrated or over-extracted, rather, this comes across as quite fresh; has that St. Joseph green pepper savoriness to it; after a few hours: a slightly tart hint of citrus (Ruby Red grapefruit) persists; medium-light concentration of fruit; slightly bitter/herbal; red/purple fruit. Most of the flavor is on the front palate; nicely balanced; drink in the near term. Excellent value play.

B: 50, 5, 12, 16, 7 = (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Posts: 1860 | Location: L.A. | Registered: Dec 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you for the tasting note. This is one of my favorite bottlings. Great wine for the price.

--------------
My name is Prince, and I am funky.

Posts: 1510 | Location: Napa, Ca | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post