WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2005 Ladera Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley (USA, California, Napa Valley)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2005 Ladera Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley (USA, California, Napa Valley)
 Login/Join 
posted
2005 Ladera Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley - USA, California, Napa Valley (1/10/2009)
I liked this better than the 04, but less than the 03. More red fruit and acidity as found in the 04, but a little more rounded, though without the depth and weight of the 03. A very nice cab for $31, and a QPR for Napa. I'm hoping this will improve a little with more time in the bottle. Plan to get more and see how it goes. (91 pts.)

Posts: 3100 | Location: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Dec 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave this a 92 earlier this year. We talked about it in this thread.

VM

Posts: 12331 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I posted on that thread before, and saw it again when I did a search, but I generally will post a TN seperately if a single one does not exist. Posting single TN's on a thread of multiple wines from a tasting can get messy and start to look like eBob Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vinole,

Posts: 3100 | Location: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Dec 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2005 Ladera Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley
Decanted for an hour

Can I say 'Typical Napa Cab'?
Black fruit and pencil box on the nose with some hints of eucalyptus, oak and spice.
Full-Bodied...black cherries, blueberries, oak, with hints of leather and spice.
Some tannin still present, but after a few hours of air this wine was quite nice.
Low90pter.

Canadian weather?
Nine months of hockey and three months of bad ice.

Posts: 2243 | Location: Vanc. Island, B.C. Canada | Registered: Dec 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2005 Ladera Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley - USA, California, Napa Valley (1/12/2013)

Opened at dinner alongside a 2005 Leoville Barton. Not decanted. This was showing very well. Integrated tannins. A smooth texture with notes of red berries, flowers and smokey fruit. Good depth. In it's prime. 92 points.

VM

Posts: 12331 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post