WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    1992 DOMINUS
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1992 DOMINUS
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
We enjoyed this last night. Pulled from a case purchased on release and of unquestionable provenance. This wine was damned near perfection. If it were to be tasted blindly, would have been regarded as bordeaux (no question). Thanx asterixis.

This wine reminded me of a mid-90's La Mission Haut Brion, with slightly riper fruit. Fantastic stuff, and I'd like to compare this to the '94 someday soon.

Posts: 1295 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to compare this to the '94 someday soon.[/QUOTE]

anytime you're in Toronto. Wink

Posts: 1473 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
We enjoyed this last night. Pulled from a case purchased on release and of unquestionable provenance. This wine was damned near perfection. If it were to be tasted blindly, would have been regarded as bordeaux (no question). Thanx asterixis.

Glad to hear how well the bottle drank, Bro.

The '92 is such a unique Dominus, ( best ever I think) and very different than other Dominus vintages.

The '92 is a Right Bank like vintage while other vintages are more Left Bank like. With just over 50% ( very rare for Dominus) Cabernet Sauvignon and only 25% new barrels for this vintage, it is very different than say the '91 or '94 wines.

Place the '92 in a Right Bank blind tasting and it blends well, place it in a Left Bank blind tasting and it sorely sticks out.

I look forward to seeing you soon! Cool

Posts: 29658 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post