WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN's: 2004 Schweiger Vineyards Cab and Merlot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN's: 2004 Schweiger Vineyards Cab and Merlot
 Login/Join 
posted
These 2 wines were poured at a retailer tasting a week ago. 2004 was an excellent vintage and I have always liked the wines of Schweiger. Here are my notes:

2004 Schweiger Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley, Spring Mountain District (11/6/2008)
My favorite Cab at this tasting. This is a Spring Mountain Cab that ages very well. I've had the 1995 and 1997 within the last few years and each have been outstanding. This was selling for $36.Blackish red color. Full bodied. It had that cool fruit and mineral character that you expect from mountain fruit wine. Notes of black cherry also. Round texture and a smooth finish. Should show even better with some patience. 91-92 points.

2004 Schweiger Vineyards Merlot - USA, California, Napa Valley, Spring Mountain District (11/6/2008)
The rep for this wine thought the Merlot was better than the Cab. I do not agree. This was an excellent Merlot though. Dark hue. More herbal and more of a tannic bight than the 2004 Schweiger Cab. Otherwise the profile was very similar to a Napa Cabernet. 91 points

VM

Posts: 12155 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post