WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2000 Chateau Pavie Macquin (France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Emilion Grand Cru)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2000 Chateau Pavie Macquin (France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Emilion Grand Cru)
 Login/Join 
posted
I started not to post this as I think the wine may have been flawed, but then thought perhaps others have some recent experiences. I've got several more bottles and wonder what to hope for.

• 2000 Château Pavie Macquin - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru (10/16/2009)
    Nice cassis aromas but very thin, muted flavors and mouthfeel, short finish. It seemed tired which should not be the case. I could not identify any specific defect but judging by others' tasting notes, I suspect something was wrong. I'll withhold a rating for now.

Posted from CellarTracker

Posts: 1691 | Location: Napa Valley and East Bay | Registered: Oct 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2000 Château Pavie Macquin - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru (12/22/2012)
Deep garnet color. Aromas of black currants, cherries, plum and cigar box. Nicely balanced with softened tannins and plenty of fruit. Red currants, plum, and black currants, spice and forest floor qualities on the palate. Nice finish. Drink now-2018. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Posts: 1633 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post