WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2006 Stefania Syrah Eaglepoint Ranch
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2006 Stefania Syrah Eaglepoint Ranch
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stefania Wine:

I just went and counted and there have been 58 sign ups since the last release, figuring out allocations is going to be un-fun.

Just remember, Otis, me and then your Mom. Smile

Posts: 10169 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 20 people with more than 2000 points. They are in good shape Smile That group will probably get a case offer again in the Fall.

They are also probably the only people who will get a Pinot Noir allocation next Spring.

Paul Romero (tlily)- Owner, Winemaker, Tour Guide
Stefania Wine
http://www.stefaniawine.com

Posts: 7678 | Location: Gilroy, CA  | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you earn extra points for referrals? Smile

Posts: 3180 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are also probably the only people who will get a Pinot Noir allocation next Spring...and sarbuze.

I fixed your post for you, Paul Razz

Posts: 986 | Location: New Haven, CT | Registered: Aug 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Referral points would be a good idea, I'd have to add that to the sign ups.

The Pinot will be tough. I'll have about 40 cases available of the 2007 vintage. Not enough to go around. In 2008 we're going up to 250 cases though, so if you can't get the 2007, you will get the 2008.

I'll put a blog up with some pictures of the vineyard today, it's amazing.

Stefania Wine

Posts: 7678 | Location: Gilroy, CA  | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Referral points would be a good idea, I'd have to add that to the sign ups.

The Pinot will be tough. I'll have about 40 cases available of the 2007 vintage. Not enough to go around. In 2008 we're going up to 250 cases though, so if you can't get the 2007, you will get the 2008.

Bummer! I have been excited about that one. I was keeping my fingers crossed that I would be in a position to get an allocation in '07 because I know you will do it right.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Keeno,

Posts: 1791 | Location: NC | Registered: May 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://stefaniawine.blogspot.com/

Some Pinot pictures.

Stefania Wine

posted Hide Post
Paul,

Why don't you test Keeno and offer him an allocation of the 2007 pinot, but require him to purchase it in 15 days.... See if he is REALLY on the wagon. Wink

G

PS- good luck Keeno, its going to be a long summer...

Posts: 2104 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paul:

Thanks for that next three bottles of Hautee Tubee! I tell you folks, that is a very drinkable wine. Rhone is something I have been neglecting and am just starting to taste into. Is it just me, or does HT remind anyone else of a Rhone?

Posts: 569 | Location: Tucson | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thirsty man:
Paul,

Why don't you test Keeno and offer him an allocation of the 2007 pinot, but require him to purchase it in 15 days.... See if he is REALLY on the wagon. Wink

G

PS- good luck Keeno, its going to be a long summer...

I laughed out loud when I read that. That would not be cool. You may have noticed earlier in the thread that I asked Paul when he planned to send the fall mailer. There was a reason for that. . .

Posts: 1791 | Location: NC | Registered: May 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kenno,

If he goes forward with the offer - I'll buy it for you (so you don't break your oath) and we will split it when it is ready to drink. Wink

G

Posts: 2104 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kenno,

If he goes forward with the offer - I'll buy it for you (so you don't break your oath) and we will split it when it is ready to drink. Wink

G

A very kind gesture. However, I can't help but wonder if that isn't bending the rules a little too much. A good idea though!
At any rate, I think I am a little too low on points to qualify. Paul will have to confirm, but there should be quite a few folks ahead of me on the list.

posted Hide Post
The Montreal/Michigan guys pool their orders and send me a note on who bought what so I can divide the points up. I'm fine with that and it saved them some shipping costs too.

Kenno, you're ranked #68 in points right now, in pretty good shape to get a first time Pinot allocation. It will probably just go out to the top 100.

Stefania Wine

posted Hide Post
quote:
The Montreal/Michigan guys pool their orders and send me a note on who bought what so I can divide the points up. I'm fine with that and it saved them some shipping costs too.

Kenno, you're ranked #68 in points right now, in pretty good shape to get a first time Pinot allocation. It will probably just go out to the top 100.

Sweet! Thanks Paul.

posted Hide Post
So,Paul, are points equal to bottles bought or dollars spent?

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nola:
So,Paul, are points equal to bottles bought or dollars spent?

2000 points == 2000 bottles ~~ 170 cases.

Those greedy people need to learn to share! =)

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12285 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dollars spent - shipping + discount. So if you bought a six pack at $200, you get 210 points.

You also get 100 points for each year on the list. Right now there are about 300 people who have more than 100 points.

This is hardly a science, I struggle with each release to figure out where to allocate wine too.

Stefania Wine

posted Hide Post
Paul, thanks for the info. Was just curious as to how these allocations work....for you and other wineries.

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keeno:
quote:
Kenno,

G

A very kind gesture. However, I can't help but wonder if that isn't bending the rules a little too much. A good idea though!
At any rate, I think I am a little too low on points to qualify. Paul will have to confirm, but there should be quite a few folks ahead of me on the list.

No problem - I'm only trying to help you out. It has NOTHING to do with the fact that I was late to the list and only got offered a 3 pack of the syrah this year and want to make sure I get my hands on both of the cabs (and would love to try the pinot as well). It was completely selfless. Big Grin

G

Paul - thanks for being transparent on how this works and good luck with trying to figure out allocations.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: thirsty man,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Dollars spent - shipping + discount. So if you bought a six pack at $200, you get 210 points.

Okay then, according to my calculations, you have to sell me about 1.5k in Hautee Tubee now, so I can get my Pinot allocation...

Posts: 569 | Location: Tucson | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So what else ya got left that I can snag up to get into that 2000 point category to get a case offer for the cab and guarantee a pinot allocation? Big Grin -mJ

http://jerseyfoodies.blogspot.com/
FACEBOOK: http://www.Facebook.com/njfoodies
http://www.rebeldiamondsband.com/

Posts: 1916 | Location: Capitol Hill, DC | Registered: Apr 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of you already know from sending me emails, but late last week I swung a deal with my distributor in New York to make more of the 06 Syrah and 06 Haute Tubee available. He basically agreed to trade off a lesser allocation for this year to get a larger allocation of the 07 Syrah and the 08 Pinot Noir.

Send me an email if you're interested.

Stefania Wine

posted Hide Post
  • 2006 Stefania Syrah Eaglepoint Ranch - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino County (7/12/2008)
    Excellent wine. Popped and poured. Nose was lacking at first (could have been me - slight congestion), after pouring two glasses- put the rest in a decanter. Let the glasses sit while we grilled steaks and veggies. When we came back to the wine, strong nose of blackberries and dark fruit. Smooth. Enjoyed it over the next hour and half. Nice finish - long enough to enjoy, but no so long or strong as to overwhelm the food. Still seemed slightly tight when we were finishing. Try again in 6 months to a year. additional upside if the tightness resolves itself. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

posted Hide Post
had my first bottle of this on Thursday night, did not disappoint... lovely nose, a very feminine Syrah, initial scents of mint & pine dominate over subtle floral notes, more subtle coffee, earth, tar, all shroud the fruit notes... on the palate the pine again takes forefront, but the mouth reveals layers and layers of expansive depth, dark chocolate, more earthiness & tar notes, some tobacco, and tasty dark fruits, finished nicely with excellent balance... medium bodied, deep & structured, but not heavy & thick. more then held its own with an 05' Almaviva. the best Stefania wine i've had to date. keep it up Paul Smile

Posts: 4221 | Location: Southern Calif | Registered: Jul 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How ready to drink is this wine? Should I open my first of six soon?

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36937 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post