WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2007 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2007 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett
 Login/Join 
posted

Posted from CellarTracker

Posts: 1202 | Location: SLC,UT | Registered: Jan 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No sulfur? Confused

------------------------------
Originally posted by Board-O:
It's truly amazing the amount of meaningless posts you make.

"All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved." Matthew 10:22

Posts: 2529 | Location: Illinois | Registered: Jun 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not note any sulfer in the Kabinett. We also tasted the Prüm W.S. Spätlese as well, and it was very awkward and match-sticky, so I did not post a note on that wine. Very hard for me to judge a wine in that stage.

Posts: 1202 | Location: SLC,UT | Registered: Jan 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Joh. Jos. Prüm Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (1/27/2013)

Opened my first with Otis. Got this on sale for $17. Clear pale straw color. Petrol nuances with apple on the nose. Moderately sweet for a kabinett. Notes of poached pears, green apple and an underlying musty character which made the wine feel more mature than its age. Clean and pure finish. 89-90 points.

VM

Posts: 12356 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post