WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2000 Chateau Cantenac
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2000 Chateau Cantenac
 Login/Join 
posted
I have a one litre bottle of this wine. I would like to open it up in the near future, does anyone have any recent tasting notes they could share?

Posts: 440 | Location: Detroit,MI | Registered: Dec 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have personally not tasted Chateau Cantenac (I assume you are not speaking of the higher-end Boyd-Cantenac or Brane-Cantenac, but the lower-level St. Emilion). The lower level 2000's should be drinking nicely now, with the higher-end more structured ones needing more time. If you want to look at other's opinions try https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=321170

Looks to me like it would be drinking nicely now. And BTW, its unlikely that its a 1L bottle you, not really the norm the area. More likely a 750ml or 1.5L.

http://thewinenerds.ca/

Posts: 754 | Location: Toronto, Ontario (Etobicoke) | Registered: Oct 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Canuck for your input!!.

Yes, my bottle is a one Litre, I found on the discount rack at my local Kroger.

Posts: 440 | Location: Detroit,MI | Registered: Dec 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot remember ever seeing a 1L bottle of Bordeaux. Interesting.....

PH

Posts: 15309 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
any chance you could post a picture of it for us? I'd be curious to see a 1L bordeaux bottles. Thanks!

G

Posts: 2104 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zinman, my wife and I opened a bottle (750mL) a couple weeks ago and it is indeed drinking beautifully. Great fruit and balanced acidity with integrated tannins. Long finish. If I had to give it a score (based on my scale), I'd say LP91-92. Very enjoyable and went well with rib eye on the BBQ.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DoktaP,

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5814 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post