WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2009 Shea Wine Cellars Estate Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2009 Shea Wine Cellars Estate Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir
 Login/Join 
posted
'09 Shea Wine Cellars Estate Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir

Light ruby and very translucent. Light palate of semi-sweet raspberries and cranberries. Dash of cola Some spices on finish. Tannins still very crisp--no surprise. Fairly straight forward and basic. Perhaps it's too young but I don't get the #7 WS Top 100 ranking.
88 points.

Ardeis in Seminole

Posts: 429 | Location: Seminole, Florida | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ardeis, thanks for your note. I only have one of these and will leave it alone for a while.

Posts: 5439 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the note. From what I've had, I think the Shea Estate Pinot almost always benefits from a few years in the bottle.

Cheers!

Posts: 2886 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only bought three bottles of this wine, and they are all gone; one gifted, and the other two went at a dinner party. Nice wine, but I think at that price level Dick's Block 5 PN was far superior to the Estate.

Haven't touched any of the 09 Homer yet, still to early for that, but that's at a differrent price point.

Posts: 1896 | Registered: Jul 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post