WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2009 Sassicaia
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2009 Sassicaia
 Login/Join 
posted
I will continue my run of drinking fine wine way before its time Smack
Here are my thoughts:

• 2009 Tenuta San Guido Bolgheri Sassicaia Sassicaia - Italy, Tuscany, Bolgheri, Bolgheri Sassicaia (2/15/2013)
    Decanted for 7 hours then decanted back in the bottle and brought to the restaurant 2 hours later at cellar temp. The nose was rich and full. The palate soft expansive with layers of fruit and light wood spice. Full bodied somewhat modern with a Tuscan edge that makes it unique. What a beautiful young wine with a great life ahead. I really enjoyed the 2007 when it was young but this is better at the same stage. (97 pts.)

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 754 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What does this sell for in Canada these days? Thanks for the TN.

IW

Life without wine?...... Yeah Right.
The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living - Socrates
"Wine....offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than possibly any other purely sensory thing which may be purchased" ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1889-1961)

ITB

Posts: 5062 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$180 at the LCBO.

Posts: 23 | Location: Ottawa | Registered: Oct 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
169$ at SAQ

Posts: 917 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was offered a glass of this last week and definitely concur that it is extremely good as was the Ornellaia.

Posts: 1739 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's $199 in BC. I paid less for the exceptional 1998 in San Francisco earlier this year.

Cheers!

Posts: 8635 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post