WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2007 XIX Cabernet Sauvignon by Keyshawn Johnson
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2007 XIX Cabernet Sauvignon by Keyshawn Johnson
 Login/Join 
posted
Former NFL Super Bowl Champion, All-Pro wide receiver and 1996 No. 1 draft pick Keyshawn Johnson has joined other former NFL stars including Drew Bledsoe and Terry Hoage in the winemaking business. The first release is the 2007 XIX Cabernet Sauvignon by Keyshawn Johnson from eastern Oregon portion of the Columbia Valley. Distribution began in September and the wine is priced at $125 a bottle, with about 65 cases made. Johnson has partnered on the project with R.C. Mills, a Los Angeles-based restaurant industry veteran.

The 2007 XIX was made of fruit sourced from the Echo West Vineyard and aged for 18 months in Hungarian Oak. The wine is opaque purple in color. The nose is rich and plush with aromas of warm blackberry cobbler. Currants, cassis, plums, spice box and blackberry liqueur on the palate. The wine is lush, silky and hedonistic. Fine grained tannins and an exquisite finish bode well for the future of this Cabernet. If you secure a few bottles for your cellar I suspect they will age effortlessly for at least a decade. A stunning first release. 94 points.

Tom
Twitter: @NWTomLee
www.zinfandelchronicles.com

Posts: 114 | Registered: Jul 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Popcorn

Posts: 5490 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not so sure about the long run.... i think it might drop.

Banana

Posts: 1578 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
not so sure about the long run.... i think it might drop.

So you're predicting a fumble?

Posts: 2837 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom, thank you for the great review, reading it make me want to open a bottle for breakfast!
Keyshawn

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KeyshawnJohnson:
Hey Tom, thank you for the great review, reading it make me want to open a bottle for breakfast!
Keyshawn

What!?!?!

C'mon man!!!!

Posts: 1578 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KeyshawnJohnson:
Keyshawn

Thanks Keyshawn,

Welcome to the board!

Tom
Twitter: @NWTomLee
www.zinfandelchronicles.com

Posts: 114 | Registered: Jul 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gee Tom,
You don't happen to have a fiancial interest in this wine, right?

C'mon man ... Just move this thread to the Selling section.

Posts: 5158 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C'Mon Man $125 and Hungarian Oak?

Paul Romero (tlily)- Owner, Winemaker, Tour Guide
Stefania Wine
http://www.stefaniawine.com

Posts: 7675 | Location: Gilroy, CA  | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post