WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2003 Ch. La Gardine Chateauneuf-du-Pape
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2003 Ch. La Gardine Chateauneuf-du-Pape
 Login/Join 
posted
Tasted blind 1/17/07 at BYO tasting.

Med. ruby color, great nose of lush red & black fruits, sweet earth, complex & savory on palate, fresh finish.
91 pts.

Posts: 2493 | Location: L.A. | Registered: Mar 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the note. This stuff is ubiquitous up here, so I'll have to give it a try.

Posts: 10067 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck trying to store that in a wine cabinet Mad

_________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3147 | Location: Cowboys Stadium | Registered: Feb 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArieS:
Good luck trying to store that in a wine cabinet Mad

Very true. I have a couple of 98's in my cellar and they don't fit in the racks.

Posts: 10067 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened another bottle tonight; this wine already seems to be fading a bit. The fruit seems a touch raisined, and the finish shows quite a bit of acidity & dryness. Still a solid wine, but I'm not sure the 03 CdPs are built for the long haul.

Posts: 2493 | Location: L.A. | Registered: Mar 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to know. I am sitting on a case of mixed 03 CdPs. Maybe it is time to start trying a few of the regular cuvees.

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2909 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened a 2003 Janasse Chaupin over last weekend and it was nice but I dont think it's going to improve alot with extended cellar time.

Posts: 9424 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I inserted another bottle of this into a blind Grenache lineup last night. This bottle seemed fresher and less raisined than the last, showing zesty strawberry/raspberry fruit; dense, chewy, still has lots of structure & tannin making it seem a tad backward. Now I'm thinking there's no hurry to drink this wine up, assuming proper storage.
89 pts.

posted Hide Post
Tonight's bottle of this wine showed significantly better than the last couple of times. Perfectly sound cork. Minerals, fruit & just a hint of secondary flavors are emerging. No awkwardness on the palate as it has come into nice balance, although still with noticeable acidity. I'd bump it back up to a 91 based on this last bottle.