WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2005 Bodega Catena Zapata Malbec Argentino
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2005 Bodega Catena Zapata Malbec Argentino
 Login/Join 
posted
  • 2005 Bodega Catena Zapata Malbec Argentino - Argentina, Mendoza (1/1/2013)
    Decanted for 1-2 hours. Big red fruit and spice on the nose. Layered mouth of lush fruit with a beautiful balance of acidity and smooth tannins. Long finish... Could this get better with time? A great start to 2013! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 654 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poured 1/2 into a 375 ml bottle recorked and opened 48 hours later. Thought it would be dead but was I wrong. The wine opened up its mid palate and became more balanced as the fruit slightly faded. I hope this is a positive sign for Catena top tier wines as I have several vintages/cuvees and there is little history to know how they will age. Cool

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 654 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post