WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2001 Lyeth Reserve (USA, California, Sonoma County, Alexander Valley)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2001 Lyeth Reserve (USA, California, Sonoma County, Alexander Valley)
 Login/Join 
posted
2001 Lyeth Reserve - USA, California, Sonoma County, Alexander Valley (7/2/2010)

This is a blend of 74% Cabernet Sauvignon and 26% Merlot. 13.5% alcohol. This sold in the $25-30 range and is the top bottling from this producer. I found a few of thses on closeout at $3 per bottle. Opened my first last weekend. Not decanted. This was holding up very well. Medium red color without any bricking. A very soft texture with pure fruit notes. Well integrated tannins. Flavors of cherry, raspberry and light oak. Drink now. 89 points.

VM

Posts: 12061 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great Qpr score. Iv'e never had the reserve but have had the regular bottling and always seemed to be a tannic wine young when I had it on the list by the glass when I worked at Napa Valley Grille here in Mpls.

Posts: 9270 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score VM.

Posts: 1488 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Allred- Went back to pick up a few bottles for you but they were all gone.

VM

Posts: 12061 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opened a bottle tonight with a standing rib roast. Thanks VM.

2001 Lyeth Reserve - USA, California, Sonoma County, Alexander Valley (11/25/2012)
Rusty crimson color. Leather, black currant, plum and sandalwood notes. Medium-bodied, with leather and plum flavors. Medium length finish. (87 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Posts: 1488 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post