WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2007 Coho Headwaters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2007 Coho Headwaters
 Login/Join 
posted
  • 2007 Coho Headwaters - USA, California, Napa Valley (12/28/2012)
    Delightful. Outstanding, perhaps approaching classic. Perfectly balanced. Red berry and plum, some vanilla and smoke, black pepper spice, pleasant minerality. Smooth. Long finish.

Posted from CellarTracker

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3482 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The few Coho Headwaters I've had, I've really appreciated.
Too bad we don't have access to this in Canada (to my knowledge)

Posts: 15522 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a few of these on release and thought it was an outstanding wine as well. Too bad I don't have anymore, though, I try to pick up any vintage Coho I can find at retail. I picked up the '04 earlier in the year and it was drinking great.

"This is the strangest life I've ever known."

Posts: 1357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: Nov 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you guys need some Coho Headwaters I can probably help. I will check what vintage(s) are available. My email is justinhome at msn dot com.

Life without wine?...... Yeah Right.
The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living - Socrates
"Wine....offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than possibly any other purely sensory thing which may be purchased" ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1889-1961)

ITB

Posts: 5003 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
  • 2007 Coho Headwaters - USA, California, Napa Valley (12/23/2013)
    Man, this is fantastic. Some of the same notes as last year: dark fruit, smoke, really terrific balance, brought out the black pepper in the steak and potatos that we served it with, terrific acidic spine, long finish. Haven't put a point rating on a wine in a long time, but this is 95+.

Posted from CellarTracker

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3482 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just drank my last one last night. Frown

Posts: 1442 | Location: Encinitas CA | Registered: Feb 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finished my 06's last summer and just started to open the 2007 - Very impressed. Rich, round and still very fresh.

Posts: 84 | Location: New England | Registered: Jan 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post