WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2007 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2007 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon
 Login/Join 
posted
The '07 Cabernet Sauvignon is the classic "iron fist in a velvet glove." Dark purple in color. Blackberries, cherries, rose petals, violets and vanilla bean on the nose. The wine is remarkably powerful and intense but somehow remains light and elegant on the palate, with flavors of cherries, blueberries, currants, cassis, tobacco, cocoa and vanilla. Super fine grained tannins lead into a finish that literally lasts for minutes.

This wine was amazing at the release party in April of 2010. Two and a half years later it is a sexy, opulent, hedonistic Cabernet Sauvignon. I think this is going to age beautifully as well.

Tom
Twitter: @NWjobs
www.zinfandelchronicles.com

Posts: 114 | Registered: Jul 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is what I thought last week: Aroma is like a berry pie along with a hint of vanilla. The taste definitely has that sweet blackberry, and a good deal of oak at this time on the taste as well. Too much sweetness for me from the fruit. Not sure where this is going, but the sweet fruit is really way too much to make it too enjoyable.

Definitely not making me look to keep ordering more from them, although I have enjoyed the Red Wine offering.

Posts: 3180 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How expensive is it?

Posts: 4 | Location: Southeast | Registered: Oct 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$130 or so off the mailing list.

Tom
Twitter: @NWTomLee
www.zinfandelchronicles.com

Posts: 114 | Registered: Jul 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was this Columbia Valley or one of vineyard designations?

Mailing list is private list at moment w waiting list I presume from website?

Looking to buy a couple of 07's for my daughter's birthday. Sounds like amazing, ageable juice!

Thanks for the note.

Ardeis in Seminole

Posts: 429 | Location: Seminole, Florida | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ardeis:
Was this Columbia Valley or one of vineyard designations?

Mailing list is private list at moment w waiting list I presume from website?

Looking to buy a couple of 07's for my daughter's birthday. Sounds like amazing, ageable juice!

Thanks for the note.

Ardeis in Seminole

Ardeis if you still need a couple I have a couple I can send you at my cost from the winery.

Qhdeputy at me dot com

Posts: 1113 | Location: Gig Harbor, WA | Registered: Apr 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Allred opened an '05 at my house last week. It was finally hitting its stride the next day after being open for more than 22 hours.

Posts: 3586 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post