WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2008 William Fevre Chablis Champs Royaux
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2008 William Fevre Chablis Champs Royaux
 Login/Join 
posted
This is a nicely balanced wine with good fruit and minerality, transitioning elegantly to juicy acidity on the lingering finish. Not a superstar, but not meant to be. Went superbly with the snow crab I had last night. 89

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3087 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, Redhawk. I had this a while back and liked it quite a bit.

Posts: 8685 | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bought a case of this when it first came out. Just about finished. It is a good staple white to keep on hand.

I always wanted to be a procrastinator.

Posts: 606 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Mar 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought some of this at costco and it was a nice intro to Chablis. I like the 2009 Verget basic chabls as well for the same money.

Posts: 9424 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is fine but for $15 more you get so much more from Chablis.

www.twincitieswinetasting.com

Posts: 449 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineglas:
It is fine but for $15 more you get so much more from Chablis.

So what you are saying is that if I nearly double the original price, I can get something better?? Wow!

Posts: 3087 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Popcorn

Posts: 5434 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post