WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2004 Coturri Winery Merlot A Perfect Pair Feingold
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2004 Coturri Winery Merlot A Perfect Pair Feingold
 Login/Join 
posted
2004 Coturri Winery Merlot A Perfect Pair Feingold - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Mountain (2/23/2013)

Coturri is a rather controversial producer. Parker gave them some good scores when they first came out but many who bought called him crazy and panned the wines. Coturri uses natural winemaking, no SO2 and bottles barrel by barrel which can cause variation between bottles labelled the same.

The 8 acre Feingold vineyard was planted in 1990. This wine is organically made, unfined, unfiltered and unsulfured. This normally sells for $30 but was on clearance for $3. Brownish red color. This had a very nice sweet nose. Notes of bitter cherries, plastic and licorice. Lacking in fruit. This was a very unique wine and I had a hard time deciding what to think about it. However, the more I drank, the less I liked it. 80 points

VM

Posts: 12308 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the years I have good luck with their red zins. Bottle variation is always part of the conversation with them.

Life without wine?...... Yeah Right.
The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living - Socrates
"Wine....offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than possibly any other purely sensory thing which may be purchased" ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1889-1961)

ITB

Posts: 5023 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post