WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 1995 Chateau de Beaucastel Chateauneuf-du-Pape
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 1995 Chateau de Beaucastel Chateauneuf-du-Pape
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
3:35 am,
I am opening the bottle to let it breath 'til dinner.
We'll see if the second one is a charm

Posts: 3576 | Location: Florida | Registered: Jun 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Serge Birbrair:
I think ArieS is having post envy....my count is bigger than his and it worries him.

Absolutly, damn you're smart.
But then again

quote:
Originally posted by ArieS:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by James Molesworth:
I say this in the hopes that it will be taken as constructive criticism.

Serge - why not make one less post each day, and instead insert in its place one more search per day?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3147 | Location: Cowboys Stadium | Registered: Feb 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Absolutly, damn you're smart.

thank you.

Posts: 3576 | Location: Florida | Registered: Jun 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can't even tell reality from sarcasm, can you?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3147 | Location: Cowboys Stadium | Registered: Feb 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can't even tell reality from sarcasm, can you?

that was sarcasm? I thought it was the second useful and mindful post you have made in this thread. How is your health? You look tense. What are you drinking and what are you listening to?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
TBird, Hunter, mwagner, and spouses would probably be up for an offline, along with an out-of-town visitor or two.
As long as it isn't Montrachet. Razz Big Grin Wink

We need to find a good place with reasonable (read less than $15... and preferably less than $10) corkage around here.

Go HOKIES!!!

Posts: 4865 | Location: North Plainfield, NJ | Registered: Oct 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mwagner7700:
We need to find a good place with reasonable (read less than $15... and preferably less than $10) corkage around here.

Got one. Food is excellent and prices are very fair. The only poroblem is that it's a little small and crowded on a Saturday night. We go once a month and have gotten to know the owner well. Probably during the summer when things slow up we can get a group together for a Saturday night. We're going there mañana with the TBirds.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36424 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got one. Food is excellent and prices are very fair. The only poroblem is that it's a little small and crowded on a Saturday night. We go once a month and have gotten to know the owner well. Probably during the summer when things slow up we can get a group together for a Saturday night. We're going there mañana with the TBirds.
Sounds good to me. What type of food?

Go HOKIES!!!

Posts: 4865 | Location: North Plainfield, NJ | Registered: Oct 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New American

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36424 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can rec Afgani food place, good food, reasonable prices, no corkage fee, but...bring your own glasses.

posted Hide Post
quote:

New American

Old American must be roasted turkey, pumpkin, and corn. What's New American?

Cheers!

Posts: 8126 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Success!!!!!!!

Thank you, ArieS,
you suggestion to decant helped a lot,
Thank you F. Aoudouze, we have Audouzed the bottle,
(I know you don't post here, but I know your check SE, you'll find this thread there)
Thank you James,
your note helped,
Thank you tlily,
you comments helped

Thank you everybody for following this thread from the first post forward, making new freinds, bonding with the old ones,
it was a great expereince for all, I'm sure.

No need to wait 'til dinner,
this one is good for lunch.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I can rec Afgani food place, good food, reasonable prices, no corkage fee, but...bring your own glasses.
Do you mean the Afghan Kebab House? If so, thanks but I'll pass... I don't find Middle Eastern food appetizing.

Go HOKIES!!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mwagner7700:
quote:
Do you mean the Afghan Kebab House? If so, thanks but I'll pass... I don't find Middle Eastern food appetizing.

yes, the one on 63rd street

Afgani is Middle Eastern?

I don't wanna make fun of the poor geography taught in American schools in this thread and offend anybody,
but Afganistan geographically and culinary as close to Middle Eastern as I am close to the blood line of the Chinese Emperor.

I was turned to this place by some friends from eBob, which of course doesn't mean anything.

Thank you,. wagner, you put smile on my face and lifted my spirits even higher. The second bottle of Beaucastel is just EXCELLENT!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Afgani is Middle Eastern?

I don't wanna make fun of the poor geography taught in American schools in this thread and offend anybody,
but Afganistan geographically and culinary as close to Middle Eastern as I am close to the blood line of the Chinese Emperor.
Maybe your English reading comprehension still needs work. I didn't say Afghanistan was geographically located in the Mid-East. I said the type of food served (according to this, this,this, etc.) is Middle Eastern. So, General Tso... enjoy your wine.

Go HOKIES!!!

posted Hide Post
wagner, only 1 out of 3 links you have posted claimed to be Afgani restaurant as "Middle Eastern cusine"

I never been to Afganistan...but I've been to Turkey
http://nocomments.com
(I beleive you know that URL as you kindly pointed to one of the pictures in the past)
Isreal, Greece and if the word of the traveler who have been to Middle East means anything to you,
Afgani cuisine is NOT middle eastern.

I won't dispute this any further, as I am a string beleiver that USA is a FREE country and you have the rights to believe in anything you want. One day you visit Middle East and we'll compare our notes. Deal?

Meanwhile..I ordered 2 more bottles of 1995 Beaucastel to replace the ones which perished, to open them 5+ years from now.
What a wonderful producer!

posted Hide Post
quote:

I won't dispute this any further, as I am a string beleiver

Because you share the genes and intellect of your famous mathematician cousin, I am sure that this letter will hold a special appeal to you, as it does to all other string believers. Smile

Posts: 8126 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
Old American must be roasted turkey, pumpkin, and corn. What's New American?

Microwaved turkey, pumpkin, and corn

Just one more sip.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Microwaved turkey, pumpkin, and corn

Big Grin Ah, new-WAVE American, not nouveau American!

Cheers!

posted Hide Post
Dear Seaq,
making fun of a typo from somebody whose English is a second language is diminishing to YOU, not to "somebody".

Having 1/2 a bottle of Beaucastel 1995 for lunch is my best defense
Wink

posted Hide Post
Typo??

I thought you really were a string believer. There is room for disciples of ALL alternative philosophies on the internet, and no need to deny it afterwards.

posted Hide Post
Dear Seaq,
don't you know what happened to Tom Cruise when he admitted in believing to the "alternative" philosophies?
His movies suffered.

Insiniation that I am just like him might hurt my future book sales.
Please say you didn't mean it.

posted Hide Post
I did mean it, but I honestly hope your movies don't suffer.

The Life and Times of Serge Birbrair... Spielberg must be nervously pacing back and forth right now, in anticipation of getting the first draft of the script.

posted Hide Post
quote:
wagner, only 1 out of 3 links you have posted claimed to be Afgani restaurant as "Middle Eastern cusine"
All 3 list Middle Easter as the cuisine, two of the 3 also list "Afghan" as the cuisine.

quote:
(I beleive you know that URL as you kindly pointed to one of the pictures in the past)
Was that this post? I've always considered that to be one of my funnier posts. Razz

quote:
Afgani cuisine is NOT middle eastern.
I understand that. I was saying the food they make at this particular restaurant is Middle Eastern (as well as Afghan).

Maybe when you come to NYC, you can bring one of those BC you just ordered. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mwagner7700,

Go HOKIES!!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe when you come to NYC, you can bring one of those BC you just ordered.

If Board-O doesn't change his ways,
I am not coming. I am too old for Zin.
Smile

You funny post still sends visitors to WT, who click on Goog ads and make sure I always have a free bottle of wine.
thank you.