WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 1995 Chateau de Beaucastel Chateauneuf-du-Pape
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 1995 Chateau de Beaucastel Chateauneuf-du-Pape
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Another Goddamn trainwreck.... Roll Eyes Frown

PH

Posts: 15118 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Another Goddamn trainwreck.... Roll Eyes Frown

PH

I am sorry you didn't enjoy your Beaucastel.

Posts: 3576 | Location: Florida | Registered: Jun 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mwagner7700:
I don't know sprnplr, and I can assure you it wasn't me. On a different note, in the wine auction thread, you mentioned you'd be coming to NYC... shall we start an offline thread?

I can also assure you that I am not mwagner. I have used this screenname for years on many different logins for different sites.

Posts: 1420 | Location: Jersey City | Registered: Feb 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprnplr:
I can also assure you that I am not mwagner. I have used this screenname for years on many different logins for different sites.

yours?
http://www.bottlecount.com/Cellar/sp1d3r/

Nice threads you have chosen to hang out
Wink

http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=sprnplr&locale=en-us&FORM=I7AW

Posts: 3576 | Location: Florida | Registered: Jun 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Serge Birbrair:
quote:

yours?
http://www.bottlecount.com/Cellar/sp1d3r/

Nice threads you have chosen to hang out
Wink

http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=sprnplr&locale=en-us&FORM=I7AW

spider (or sp1d3r) =/= sprnplr
It is potential cyberstalking like that (but could be even worse) which is why I would be against real names. However, both my first and last names are common enough that you could never find me anyway.

Posts: 1420 | Location: Jersey City | Registered: Feb 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is potential cyberstalking like that (but could be even worse) which is why I would be against real names. However, both my first and last names are common enough that you could never find me anyway.

..and what makes you believe I wanna look for you? You are not that interesting.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

..and what makes you believe I wanna look for you? You are not that interesting.

Serge,
Are you serious?

Q: Why would I think that you would look for me?
A: Because you already did.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Serge,
Are you serious?

Q: Why would I think that you would look for me?
A: Because you already did.

I wasn't looking for YOU,
I was looking for "sprnplr"
some "internet personality".

Anyway...I thought you won't open the threads I started to save yourself some aggrevation as our tastes have ZERO correlation. WHAT brought you back?
Don't be shy, tell it all and you don't even have to kiss first.
(Unless you chose to and I'll be flattered)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James Molesworth:
I say this in the hopes that it will be taken as constructive criticism.

Serge - why not make one less post each day, and instead insert in its place one more search per day?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3147 | Location: Cowboys Stadium | Registered: Feb 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Serge,
Let's look at the actual events that happened:
quote:
I'll save you from me -
stop opening my threads and you'll never have an aggrevation again...
you see how simple this is?

That was your idea. My idea is for you to post more similar to posts like this page . There, you posted in a manner that people could actually carry on a civil conversation with you!

posted Hide Post
sprnplr,
fine, let's talk civil.

Can you help me with a wine advice?

Can I help you with a wine advice?

..or do you just wanna talk about the Garden State so dear to us both?

Besides wine, we can talk civily about arts, travels, stock market, international politics.

I avoid baseball, wine critics and modern music. Classical rock'n'roll and classical music is fine.

posted Hide Post
This thread rages on.

Posts: 8718 | Location: North CA | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spo1977:
This thread rages on.

That what happens when one's impression doesn't coinside with the rest of the crowd.
I'm opening the bottle tomorrow, early in the morning, Audouze style, and we'll make another 3 pages worth of opinions about it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Board-O brings Zins to offlines???
(he probably has huge supply of it at home, bought in earlier days and now he doesn't know what to do with it) Smile

Yeah, I've brought the 2002 Martinelli Jackass and some Jackass Hills to offlines. You'd be the first to complain.

sprnplr, you ever get into NYC for dinner on Saturdays?

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36831 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Board-O brings Zins to offlines???
(he probably has huge supply of it at home, bought in earlier days and now he doesn't know what to do with it) Smile

Yeah, I've brought the 2002 Martinelli Jackass and some Jackass Hills to offlines. You'd be the first to complain.

Of course. I often cook at home, but have enjoyed many a dinner in the city. What's your email? We can set something up with the misses (or without).

posted Hide Post
My wife and I frequently dine in Manhattan on Saturday nights. We're a little busy over the next month, but TBird, Hunter, mwagner, and spouses would probably be up for an offline, along with an out-of-town visitor or two.

chemocurtis@hotmail.com

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36831 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:

I wouldn't complain, I just wouldn't enjoy it.
Zin for me is like a 100 ML shot of straight vodka for you. You CAN do it, but with no pleasure.

sprnplr, aren't you glad your wondered into the thread? You now have the chance to meet with NYC contingent. What would you do wihtout me?
Wink

you usualy meet interesting people in threads I start.
Big Grin
it's like "who is who" from East Coast is here.

posted Hide Post
Cdps tend to drink well young and then go into a dumb phase. My 95 Pegaus are hit and miss. Some are wotn and some taste like grape juice. My 2000 Beaucastel were drinkin great on release. I have a 1998 Pegau cuvee Laurance magnum that needs time. I have 2003 Janasse and Mordoree Cdps that are california like. They will drink through 20020. I love these wines. It's a crap shoot.

Posts: 9442 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:
I love these wines. It's a crap shoot.

careful around here with words like that. My head was blown off for much lesser "infractions" about wines loved by wine critics and resident TN writers of the wine boards.

From now on, every wine I taste I'll score as average between them all, sprinkle them with descriptors from them all and play it safe.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:
I have 2003 Janasse and Mordoree Cdps that are california like.

They are not.

Posts: 6988 | Location: ]0^0[ | Registered: Aug 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArieS:
quote:
Originally posted by James Molesworth:
I say this in the hopes that it will be taken as constructive criticism.

Serge - why not make one less post each day, and instead insert in its place one more search per day?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3147 | Location: Cowboys Stadium | Registered: Feb 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You like that one, huh ArieS?

Posts: 8718 | Location: North CA | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So much that I'm quoting myself eh?

posted Hide Post
I think ArieS is having post envy....my count is bigger than his and it worries him.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArieS:
So much that I'm quoting myself eh?

for future references,
we are discussing Beaucastel here, 1995.
If you have nothing to say on the subject,
go tell the world what you are listening, the world cares.