WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2008 Stefania Cabernet Sauvignon Special Reserve Harvest Moon Santa Cruz Mountains
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2008 Stefania Cabernet Sauvignon Special Reserve Harvest Moon Santa Cruz Mountains
 Login/Join 
posted
My first Stefania, courtesy of SD Wineaux:

Decanted for (4) hours:

Very nice color, with a dark ruby core. Notes of dark berry, mint, and vanilla dominate the nose, with a bit of tobacco and spice not far behind. I could smell this wine all day!

On the palate, a medium plus body with generous amounts of fresh, high quality fruit offer just the right amount of oak influence. Tannins are definitely present and coat the palate, but are well integrated with the fruit.

A 30 second plus finish offers additional notes of dark cherry (not sour at all) and eucalyptus.

Overall, this is an outstanding bottle of wine. It's clearly young, and if I could find a case, I'd love to track it over the course of 5-10 years.

93+

Posts: 1569 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A great loamy earthy nose that reminds me of Graves, mix in some mountain fruit and you get a dark spiced plums and a hint of cumin.

Some bright red currants, crushed early summer plums, mixed with some oak and dusty tannins finishing with a raw tobacco finish.

A fine drinker, but looking for the tannins to smoothen out and mellow some of the acidity.

89-91. The nose makes this wine.

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12138 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post