WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2008 Paolo Bea Santa Chiara (Umbria IGT)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2008 Paolo Bea Santa Chiara (Umbria IGT)
 Login/Join 
posted
Well this is a wine not to be judged by its color. Was running late to dinner with Vine Bevo. 15 minutes late to Asti in Austin, TX and I see a decanter of iced tea waiting for me. Huh?

A blend of Grechetto, Malvasia, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, and Garganega. As mentioned earlier, this is a very odd color. Looks like Barolo that's been left in a hot garage for a few years. Complex nose of honey, almonds, stone fruit; flavors of citrus along with some floral elements. Good acidity matched well with our meals. Intriguing.

Thanks to Vino Bevo for meeting up and picking a great restaurant. And thanks to wine+art for pointing this out to Vino Bevo and subsequently me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Racer117,

"One barrel of wine can work more miracles than a church full of saints." - Italian proverb.

Posts: 401 | Location: Carlsbad, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you enjoyed the wine.

Posts: 30262 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post