WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN - 2008 Stefania Cabernet Sauvignon Crimson Clover
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN - 2008 Stefania Cabernet Sauvignon Crimson Clover
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Berno:
I'll say it again, I wish I had more.

I'm not worried. If I run out, other CWM have 5-6 cases of this wine in their cellars. I'm sure I'll be drinking this at Otis' CDP for years to come.

VM

Posts: 12304 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the only time we tasted was at the offline at our house that Paul and Stef came to - it was great and we will see when we open one next - we have a few

Posts: 5991 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfast:
there may be 1 or 2 retailers in south florida with a case or two Wink

I wish I could say the same for Chicagoland. Smile

------------------------------
Originally posted by Board-O:
It's truly amazing the amount of meaningless posts you make.

"All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved." Matthew 10:22

Posts: 2529 | Location: Illinois | Registered: Jun 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Me:
quote:
Originally posted by Berno:
I'll say it again, I wish I had more.

I'm not worried. If I run out, other CWM have 5-6 cases of this wine in their cellars. I'm sure I'll be drinking this at Otis' CDP for years to come.

VM

Very good point there ,VM.

------------------------------
Originally posted by Board-O:
It's truly amazing the amount of meaningless posts you make.

"All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved." Matthew 10:22

Posts: 2529 | Location: Illinois | Registered: Jun 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The recent notes here convinced me to open my first bottle of this and it was stunning. Glad I have 5 more resting in the cellar.

Posts: 971 | Location: La Selva Beach,CA | Registered: Jan 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Inviting, slightly smokey and even chocolatey. This is a plush sexy wine full of dark black fruits that coat the palate offering a satisfying mouthfeel. Warms and opens even more in the glass over an hour or two. Beautiful fruit forward wine with blackberry, cassis, cedar, and a creamy finish that lingers nicely. Entering it's drinking window and has evolved well since last bottle opened last year. Well paired with wild boar with mission fig reduction.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone try this recently? Doing my biennial physical inventory and this is the first unknown straggler I've put my hands on. Drink or hold?

PH

Posts: 15215 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had one blind recently against a '91 Montelena, '99 Ridge Monte Bello, and an '08 Leonetti. The '08 Crimson Clover is still drinking really well and it finished 2nd to the Monty (which was singing).

Open it and enjoy!

Cheers,

Otis

Posts: 3419 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Otis! It's going to the "drink this winter" queue.

PH

Posts: 15215 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Stefania Cabernet Sauvignon Crimson Clover - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Clara Valley (12/24/2012)

Opened one at a Christmas party. 2nd time I have had this with similar notes. Drank this next to a 1999 Phelps Insignia and they were night and day but both showed excellent quality. This was much bigger and youthful. Very primary now. Could have used some decanting but it was not a bottle I had planned on opening. 93 points.

VM

Posts: 12304 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have half a case of these stashed and was not even thinking of opening one until sometime this year, and probably not for a couple more.

When in doubt, open another bottle.

Posts: 2618 | Location: Silver Spring MD (Near DC) | Registered: Nov 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dinwiddie:
I have half a case of these stashed and was not even thinking of opening one until sometime this year, and probably not for a couple more.

when you decide to open one, lemme know if you need some help "evaluating." Wink

i must have serious mail issues as i never received their past couple mailings and am really curious about this bottling.

Posts: 1007 | Location: Back in the 'burbs of D.C. | Registered: Feb 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is the '08 as compared to the '09?

"But, if ye wish her grateful prayer,
Gie her a haggis!" -Robert Burns

Posts: 1663 | Location: Traded Paradise for the frozen Finger Lakes | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newsguy:
quote:

when you decide to open one, lemme know if you need some help "evaluating." Wink

i must have serious mail issues as i never received their past couple mailings and am really curious about this bottling.

Hmmm, this got me thinking. How about a Stefania offline? But i guess most would be pretty young!

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1617 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy to host one of those. (Paul & Stef invited, of course)

I've got several bottlings... All way young. Have to admit to drabbing Stefania wines b/c they're so damned enjoyable young.

The futures offer is out... Gotta remember to place that order.

Posts: 4066 | Location: Alexandria, VA, USA | Registered: Oct 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lentini:

I've got several bottlings... All way young. Have to admit to drabbing Stefania wines b/c they're so damned enjoyable young.

a stefania dinner would rock. of course, might be tough to get them to come east in the cold. Cool

Posts: 1007 | Location: Back in the 'burbs of D.C. | Registered: Feb 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have space for another, I'd be happy to bring a few bottles of Stefania. When I tried a bottle of the 2007 Santa Cruz Cab a couple of weeks ago, it was drinking well.

Posts: 12 | Location: Virginia | Registered: Dec 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lentini:

a stefania dinner would rock. of course, might be tough to get them to come east in the cold. Cool

Let's put a date out there. How about early spring, like April 5 or 6? Should we start a thread in the proper place?

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1617 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Always dude. I've been thinking that it has been way too long since we shared a bottle or three.

When in doubt, open another bottle.

Posts: 2618 | Location: Silver Spring MD (Near DC) | Registered: Nov 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps someone could reach out to Paul to see if they're planning to head to DC anytime soon, and we could go from there on setting a date.

Glickster: You are always welcome to join our offlines.

Dinwiddie: Yes, sir, we must drink. Soon. Wink

posted Hide Post
Dinwiddie send me an email paul@stefaniawine you should be getting Futures offers in email and a regular mailing.

First part of April is no good for us we're in the Austin area visiting family. End of March I'm in Chicago. Late February may work I need to visit Falls Church soon for the day job.

Paul Romero (tlily)- Owner, Winemaker, Tour Guide
Stefania Wine
http://www.stefaniawine.com

Posts: 7675 | Location: Gilroy, CA  | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Looking forward to it.

quote:
Perhaps someone could reach out to Paul to see if they're planning to head to DC anytime soon, and we could go from there on setting a date.

Glickster: You are always welcome to join our offlines.

Dinwiddie: Yes, sir, we must drink. Soon. Wink

Posts: 12 | Location: Virginia | Registered: Dec 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pop n poured

Still purplish and opaque in color.

Sweet blueberry reduction blended with chopped mint with some iron shavings round out this seductive nose.

very plump and juicy with dusty tannins, it fleshes out with young blackberries and very dark chocolate fudge finishing with some rooty herbs.

quite enjoyable

91-92

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12229 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post