WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2009 Ramey Chardonnay Hyde Vineyard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2009 Ramey Chardonnay Hyde Vineyard
 Login/Join 
posted
This one showed well, and it's my favorite of his single vineyard Chards.

Big, bold, & buttery...typical Ramey style. The texture of this wine is incredible, with "oily silk" coming to mind. On the palate, the oak is definitely showing its presence, but is nicely woven with notes of butterscotch, green apple, and lemon curd. A 30 second finish includes a fresh minerality that I don't see in many CA Chards. It's drinking great now, but it can easily hold for 5-7 years.

93+

Posts: 1634 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the note. This wine is on sale for $40 at a local shop and I might have to grab a few.

www.twincitieswinetasting.com

Posts: 452 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineglas:
Thanks for the note. This wine is on sale for $40 at a local shop and I might have to grab a few.

Definitely a good deal!

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1924 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineglas:

Are any other Ramey Chardonnays on sale as well?

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6180 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$40 for the Hyde vineyard is a great price. Make sure it is the single vineyard bottling

Life without wine?...... Yeah Right.
The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living - Socrates
"Wine....offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than possibly any other purely sensory thing which may be purchased" ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1889-1961)

ITB

Posts: 5058 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Italian Wino:
$40 for the Hyde vineyard is a great price. Make sure it is the single vineyard bottling

+1

If you can source the Hyde Vineyard for $40, I'd fill up the shopping cart! Most places around here have the single vineyards at $55-60, while the regular labels go for around $35-40.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best price on WS Pro is $47. Buy a case at $40 if it is the right bottling

Life without wine?...... Yeah Right.
The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living - Socrates
"Wine....offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than possibly any other purely sensory thing which may be purchased" ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1889-1961)

ITB

Posts: 5058 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet I know which wineshop. They sometimes have wines for less than I can buy wholesale.

Posts: 9508 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post