WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2003 Calera Mills Vineyard Pinot Noir
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2003 Calera Mills Vineyard Pinot Noir
 Login/Join 
posted
popped & decanted about 45 min prior to having with BBQ'd Pork Ribs

rich, fragrant nose of ripe raspberry & dusty cherry... on the palate the wine is dense, extracted & layered, with juicy black cherry that turns to almost plum on the back end, a touch of oak, slight smokey tobacco & a vegital charactersitic on the finish... very tasty Pinot, but i actually like the basic Central Coast Pinot more... this probably will show best in 3-5 years, at least, but not sure if the profile & flavors are for me

Posts: 4205 | Location: Southern Calif | Registered: Jul 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Popped and poured, followed over three hours. Much darker ruby than previous bottles. Initial impressions of pruney stewed fruit carried through to the palate. Perhaps this was an off bottle or I simply held it too long, but it had none of the easy-drinking charm I remember from previous bottles.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post