WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2008 M. Chapoutier Bila-Haut L'esquerda
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2008 M. Chapoutier Bila-Haut L'esquerda
 Login/Join 
posted
Nice medium ruby color. Dried cherry, dried leaves, tobacco and the un-washed anal gland of a farm animal with some cedar chips on the nose. Reminds me of a hamster cage. Medium-bodied with good acidity. Tastes much better than it smells like. A mixture of ripe and tart cherries with a spicy finish. 85-86. For fans of old-school Rhones only.

Posts: 5146 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
un-washed anal gland of a farm animal with some cedar chips

"How would one become familiar with such a bouquet" one might ask?

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5433 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You never took a course in botanical veterinary proctology?

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36424 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Skipped that class to learn about cat piss in Aukland.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5433 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took some poetic liscense from thelostverse to come up with that note. Banana

Posts: 5146 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shared this bottle with billhike. Given his description and the fact that I enjoyed the bottle, the only logical conclusion I can draw is that I am fond of the scent of farm animals glands in my wine. I will defer to the expertise of both billhike and thelostverse as far as the actual comparison is concerned. 89.

Posts: 68 | Location: Lisle, IL | Registered: Sep 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
I took some poetic liscense from thelostverse to come up with that note. Banana

How dare you use my made-up descriptor before I had the chance. Big Grin I just literally spit out some water when I saw this Bill. Winner

Posts: 3433 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting for a legit reason to use that one. When we were looking for an "extra" bottle to open with slightly worn palettes I had a hunch this might be my chance. Wink