WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    1999 Dominus
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1999 Dominus
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
1st glass poured without decanting.
The color is dark ruby with a slightly pinkish rim (quite surprising since i found some already orange rim in the previous bottle)
There's a hint of cherry and cassis, that quickly mutes on a dark underground (licorice) and notable spices. The mouth is big but disjointed.
After 2 hours of decanting:
The aromas of cherry, cassis, blackberry harmoniously combine with dark chocolate. The mouthfeel is big and smooth, starts slowly, first setting the dark chocolate backround then the fruit emerges and intensifies into a spicy explosion. The finish leaves a long echo, on the cassis and spices.
A fascinating wine, love how this evolves, every glass is a bit different.

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1845 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the notes! I'm opening my last bottle on December 2nd.

Posts: 9368 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:
Thanks for the notes! I'm opening my last bottle on December 2nd.

Looking forward to your notes.
For completeness, after 3-4 hours the wine still gained in complexity and showed much more directly (not the slow build up of aromas) than 2 hours earlier. You'll tell me how to name all those complex aromas, mpls, i'm not very good at describing red wines.

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1845 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post