WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2007 Domaine Drouhin Oregon Pinot Noir Laurène
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2007 Domaine Drouhin Oregon Pinot Noir Laurène
 Login/Join 
posted
  • 2007 Domaine Drouhin Oregon Pinot Noir Laurène - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Dundee Hills (10/27/2012)
    This is fantastic. The persistent finish becomes a slight bit tart but otherwise everything is really fantastic. Very elegant, lighter bodied pinot, but the persistence of the finish makes it come across as quite strong and firm. Cherry, smoke and floral nose. Add some mossy flavors on the palate. Crisp acidity. Very nice.

Posted from CellarTracker

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3441 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the note. Glad that you didn't get the "2007 Oregon Pinot's are Crap" memo. Big Grin

Posts: 1543 | Location: STL | Registered: Dec 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey:
Thanks for the note. Glad that you didn't get the "2007 Oregon Pinot's are Crap" memo. Big Grin

Actually I took that more seriously than I should have. I didn't get much but I've liked most of what I have had.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3441 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many '07 Oregon Pinot's are showing wonderful right now.

Posts: 1543 | Location: STL | Registered: Dec 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The O7 Oregon pinots have definitely opened up and are ready to drink. Several of them, which I was very displeased with upon release, are drinking nicely now. The Laurene really needed time upon release, and has rewarded those that waited to pop.

Posts: 1896 | Registered: Jul 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post