WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2005 Didier Dagueneau Pouilly-Fume Silex
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2005 Didier Dagueneau Pouilly-Fume Silex
 Login/Join 
posted
  • 2005 Didier Dagueneau Pouilly-Fumé Silex - France, Loire Valley, Upper Loire, Pouilly-Fumé (12/25/2007)
    On the nose initially, not much was coming through. However, after one hour of sitting in glass, a complex rush of white flowers, almond, apricot, peach and smoke enveloped the senses. The palate was lush, rich and the complexity of flavors came through and bathed the tongue with a long mineral finish. Absolutely the finest, most complex D. Daganeau Ive had the pleasure of experiencing. (97 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Posts: 15448 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome ! Thanks for the note !

Posts: 1506 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Sep 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
  • 2005 Didier Dagueneau Pouilly-Fumé Silex - France, Loire Valley, Upper Loire, Pouilly-Fumé (12/25/2007)
    On the nose initially, not much was coming through. However, after one hour of sitting in glass, a complex rush of white flowers, almond, apricot, peach and smoke enveloped the senses. The palate was lush, rich and the complexity of flavors came through and bathed the tongue with a long mineral finish. Absolutely the finest, most complex D. Daganeau Ive had the pleasure of experiencing. (97 pts.)

We need to do the Silex and Pur Sang side by side...

Posts: 30040 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:

W+A: What timing! If you source a 2005 Pur Sang, I will be HAPPY to bring another Silex I have with me, in February. A Side by side comparison of these two sounds absolutely enchanting! Cool

Posts: 15448 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

W+A: What timing! If you source a 2005 Pur Sang, I will be HAPPY to bring another Silex I have with me, in February. A Side by side comparison of these two sounds absolutely enchanting! Cool[/QUOTE]

K,

The great wiml has agreed to bring the 2005 Pur Sang. Cool

I hope it is showing like the bottle we had at Michel Rostang in Paris!

Posts: 30040 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have enjoyed this wine 10+ times, and never disappoints me.

D did not want to drink anything last night as she is running the the Turkey Trot downtown today with thousands more. I decided to hook up with a couple of my art junkies for a few bottles of wine, and this was one of them.

No notes, but only getting better imo with laser like acidity all balanced against a still active fruit forwardness.

As the great Stickman knows, I enjoy asking the question... if this wine was an artist or a single piece of art, what/who would it be?

Our threesome universally said, Giacometti. Dagueneau himself and his wines possess Giacometti like qualities of obvious tenseness/nervousness with an edge to them, yet also offering refinement and pleasure all in the same work.