WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    A Visit to Stonestreet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Visit to Stonestreet
 Login/Join 
posted
I paid a visit to Stonestreet last week while I was stocking up on Dry Creek Valley Zins. I went primarily to taste and purchase their single vineyard chards, but ended up tasting a couple of their reds too. No tasting notes taken, but both the wife and I really liked the 2010 Gravel Bench and Upper Barn Chards. The Upper Barn was a little fuller and more intense both on the nose and the palate. The 2009 Bear Point CS had a great nose and a complex palate - the tannic finish was actually enjoyable. The 2007 Legacy bdx blend was a step up - this was the first time I experienced juniper berry in a cab based blend. Bought several of each of the above and will probably continue to check them out every vintage.

Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They produced a lot of good wine. Very under-appreciated, imo.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36772 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I should stop there one of these days.

Posts: 2392 | Location: Windsor, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post