WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    1966 Mommesin Clos de Tart
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1966 Mommesin Clos de Tart
 Login/Join 
posted
A friend came with this bottle to what should have been a regular lunch…

The cork came out breaking in pieces, but we managed to pull it out without sending anything in the bottle. The wine colo ris quite brownish, about the same color as old leather. The nose is quite funky at the start, but only few minutes later it became to be impressive and so charming. Just a touch of fruit left, some spices and the feel of the opening of an old wooden box that kept treasures for years. The mouth feel is in the same way, with dry leaves, brown tea, salted sweet caramel, a touch of fruit, lots of finesse and lenght. It even went better as the time went on until the last sip. Paired very well the my meal (veal filet with a sauce that reminds me some flavors of the wine). Superb.

Picture of the line up...

Posts: 884 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a very unique emotion I guess !

Posts: 10 | Registered: Nov 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gussy:
a very unique emotion I guess !

Indeed ! One of the greatest joy to share wine with friends is to have to opportunity to taste gems that have waited so long to be opened...

Posts: 884 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMHO...It sounds over-the-hill to me.

Just recently opened one of my 2002 Clos de Tart's a few weeks ago.
Yes infanticide...but after some air time...holy crap!...a mid-90 pt'er.
Sorry, no formal TN's.

Canadian weather?
Nine months of hockey and three months of bad ice.

Posts: 2243 | Location: Vanc. Island, B.C. Canada | Registered: Dec 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post