WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2004 Chappellet Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Signature
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2004 Chappellet Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Signature
 Login/Join 
posted
Did a search on this wine and saw nothing and was surprised there were no previous notes.

2004 Chappellet Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Signature - USA, California, Napa Valley (3/22/2009)
I was able to buy this for $31 with a coupon and wish I had gotten more at that price (though I just picked up another bottle of 03 Ladera for less than $31). I decanted this for an hour, and there are still prevalent tannins, but they are smooth and unobtrusive as there is good, solid fruit to offset and the wine is well balanced. There is both red and dark fruit with significant tannin and medium acidity on a finish of about 30-35 seconds. No heat either. Not quite the layers or complexity to score higher, but a very nice wine that is worth its price more so that most other Napa cabs. (91 pts.)

Posts: 3117 | Location: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Dec 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
vinole,
great price!
i picked up two mags of the 05 for $85 each!
their wine's are really nice year in year out!
mos of the old staff have moved on!
they had remind me of a lot of Dead Head's

thanks for the notes!
Cool

Posts: 3031 | Registered: Mar 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a really good wine IMHO. They've been doing it Right since 1999 after years in decline. I went to a recent Wine Club event of theirs in NYC and everything they poured was excellent.

Posts: 104 | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opened my last Magnum on Christmas. In a really good place. 6 hour Slow Ox method. Nose of cherries, intergrated and very seemless and nice now. A nice finish as well. Work on the 05's next year. 93 points

Posts: 1149 | Location: The OC | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post