WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2007 Perrin & Fils Gigondas "La Gille"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2007 Perrin & Fils Gigondas "La Gille"
 Login/Join 
posted
Deep red color, almost slightly purple. There was definitely a little funk and some band-aid/iodine on the nose when first opened. An hour plus later, blueberries, violets and a faint bit of tar are what I smell. This has evolved on the palate as well. Initially there were stewed dark fruits such as plum dominating, and I thought it might have been a little cooked. It has opened up wonderfully. Dark berries, pepper, dried herbs, maybe some licorice. Good acidity and a nice bit of grip/bite. I'm not yet good at gauging longevity, but I'd say this has 3-5 years left easily, maybe more. Delicious now though. 91-92.

Posts: 5364 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the TN. I recently had the 2005, which was very nice but in need of time - 5 years plus.

Posts: 458 | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opened another one tonight. Very similar flavors to my prior note but none of the barnyard or iodine characteristics on the nose that the previous bottle showed. Mostly crushed berry and spice aromas this time around. Overall very nice - 91.

Posts: 5364 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post