WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2007 Emmanuel Darnaud Crozes-Hermitage Les Trois Chenes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2007 Emmanuel Darnaud Crozes-Hermitage Les Trois Chenes
 Login/Join 
posted
Pop and pour. Medium ruby color. Bacon, pencil shavings, raspberry on the nose. Crushed red berries, smoke, meat and light hints of pepper on the palate. This seemed to have more of what I consider to be typical northern Rhone character than other Crozes Hermitage that I've had. Very nice, and I may pick up another bottle or two. 90-91.

Posts: 5554 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opened last night. It was quite austere at that time, and more pleasure came from the nose than the palate. Much more open today, with an addditional sour cherry note that I don't recall from the earlier bottle. Other characteristics are similar. I really, really love the nose on this. Solid 91. I think this second bottle was bought on closeout for $10 or so.

Posts: 5554 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post