WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2005 Domaine Roger Perrin Chateauneuf-d-Pape Reserve Vieille Vignes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2005 Domaine Roger Perrin Chateauneuf-d-Pape Reserve Vieille Vignes
 Login/Join 
posted
Before (or even after) I am called a baby-killer, let me say I bought a case of this wine and this is the first bottle I've opened. I took no notes. After a 2 hour splash decant, this wine was singing! Distinctly Old World in style, it reminded me of why I fell in love with Rhone wines in 1978. Acidity, soft tannins, and fruit were all in balance. This no fruit bomb. I loved it, maybe a 96. I don't know that I can hold off drinking this. I have two of the twelve bottles in Florida and will probably bring one to an offline.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36831 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the update on 05. I went long on VT, Mon Aieul and Clos de Papes. Aside from trying one each of the first two mentioned shortly after release I haven't touched them and don't think about them very often unless I read something like this. I'm headed to Napa next this week to see a good friend, maybe I'll bring one. I hope mine shows as well as yours.

Posts: 3157 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope you'll post notes. I don't know, maybe I was just lucky with this bottle.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36831 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post