WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    1990 Domaine Groffier Bonnes Mares
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1990 Domaine Groffier Bonnes Mares
 Login/Join 
posted
Be still my beating heart, a stunning bottle of wine. ( no formal notes taken)

An exotic floral nose of crushed berries, spice and smoke with touches of orange zest. (?) The palate was what I adore about a great Burgundy, very rich with concentrated fruit's and spices, yet still so very balanced with amazing freshness and crisp and salivating acidity.

A very stylish bottle of wine with 20 years of life ahead.

Bravo!

Posts: 30128 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bravo, bravo!

Posts: 1901 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jan 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds wonderful. Consider an envy graemlin posted.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36831 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
W+A

Can you email me at justinhome at msn dot com. I have a question for you regarding this wine. Thanks

IW

Life without wine?...... Yeah Right.
The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living - Socrates
"Wine....offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than possibly any other purely sensory thing which may be purchased" ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1889-1961)

ITB

Posts: 5002 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Italian Wino:
W+A

Can you email me at justinhome at msn dot com. I have a question for you regarding this wine. Thanks

IW

Sure... I think I recall why our emails are having problems. I think your email had a virus once and I blocked your email. Let me check.

We need to drink some wine together again, and soon.

Posts: 30128 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen on getting together soon and sharing some vino. I want to talk to you about fine art as well with my dad involved. you shouldn't have any issues with my email. I believe I have fixed the issue

"Wine....offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than possibly any other purely sensory thing which may be purchased" ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1889-1961)

ITB

Posts: 5002 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

An exotic floral nose of crushed berries, spice and smoke with touches of orange zest. (?) The palate was what I adore about a great Burgundy, very rich with concentrated fruit's and spices, yet still so very balanced with amazing freshness and crisp and salivating acidity.

Bravo!

We need to drink more of these wines.

Posts: 3 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: Jan 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Wine+Art:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

Bravo!

We need to drink more of these wines.

It is only going to get better. Wink

posted Hide Post
Is Ms wife or daughter?

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36831 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing it's my niece.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5727 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
W+A,
Just sent you an email to your gmail account.

IW

ITB

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Italian Wino:
W+A,
Just sent you an email to your gmail account.

IW

IW, please send again. I just unblocked your account after the virus you had a couple of years ago.

posted Hide Post
W+A

I resent it

ITB