WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2007 Brancaia Tre Toscana IGT (Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2007 Brancaia Tre Toscana IGT (Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT)
 Login/Join 
posted
  • 2007 Brancaia Tre Toscana IGT - Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT (3/11/2010)
    In its current state, this wine does not show much complexity. The nose offers red and black cherry with hints of wood and chocolate; the palate has nice weight with the fruit notes repeating and ample acidity; the finish is medium in length with firm tannins. The fruit is very solid and suggests that this wine should age well over the short-medium term. For the price, this is a solid go-to wine for guests and meals. I will definitely pick up a few more bottles. (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Posts: 6076 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks, i picked up 6 at under $20 recently, looking forward to trying them.

-----------------------------

Go Yankees! Razz

Posts: 8463 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: Nov 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm one hour into this bottle.

gigabit nailed the descriptor and the drinking window.

My personal feeling, however, is that this is a 91 pointer at the present time. I really like it, but I'm a sucker for this type of Toscana.

Posts: 473 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Aug 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed a bottle of this the other night. Screams IGT, a good qpr that was enjoyed at a young age. Also had the structure and acidity to go well with some light Italian fare. Wonder how much better it will get over time?

Posts: 834 | Location: Carlsbad | Registered: Apr 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow, maybe i got the really good bottle( Smack) but this is lip smacking good!
dark chocolate, both blueberry & blackberry jam, black cherries...awesome qpr here.

Go Yankees! Razz

Posts: 8463 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: Nov 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBird:
wow, maybe i got the really good bottle( Smack) but this is lip smacking good!
dark chocolate, both blueberry & blackberry jam, black cherries...awesome qpr here.

Good to hear it. It is about time for me to re-visit. Did you have it with food?

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6076 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cheese nips. Eek Smack

Go Yankees! Razz

posted Hide Post
quote:
cheese nips. Eek Smack

LOL! I had a handful of Cheez-Its last night too (reduced fat, of course). Big Grin

posted Hide Post
i'm a cheese-it junky but cheaped out with the on sale cheese nips at $1.50 a box. god they sucked and i will never do that again. Smack

quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
LOL! I had a handful of Cheez-Its last night too (reduced fat, of course). Big Grin

Go Yankees! Razz

posted Hide Post
quote:
cheese nips. Eek Smack

I guess that is better than cheetos!

Where did you find it for under $20, TBird?

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity....

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS - 2010 and 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Posts: 9635 | Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$19.99 JJ Buckley special a few months back.

Go Yankees! Razz

posted Hide Post
$15.97 today at www.wineoutlet.com. Bought some from them back in January -- shipped via FedEx, arrived in good shape.

Posts: 475 | Registered: Oct 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those in Ontario, this is being released May 29. At CAD$26 a bottle. Frown Mad

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10658 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RDCollins:
$15.97 today at www.wineoutlet.com. Bought some from them back in January -- shipped via FedEx, arrived in good shape.

It looks like their offering is the 2006, not the 2007.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RDCollins:

Thanks Doug!

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity....

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS - 2010 and 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Posts: 9635 | Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine for $19 and change on a case from winebuys.com in michigan. Only had five cases left ten days ago....

Posts: 473 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Aug 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
For those in Ontario, this is being released May 29. At CAD$26 a bottle. Frown Mad

$35 here in BC

Posts: 150 | Location: Vancouver | Registered: Apr 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened one of these last night to go with our homemade Amatriciana sauce. Definitely got the dark fruits (blackberry & black cherry), but found it to be a bit light/thin. Very tight at first, but after 3 hours in the decanter, it really was much better. I give it 89 points, which is a pretty good value for the price.

Posts: 3165 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with Wine Sparty... Think his notes are spot-on. I was surprised at how light this was (in terms of flavor/extract/bigness). But I did have it after a 2006 Crognolo, which was much bigger. I think it's a really easy wine to enjoy, but I don't see the 93 points from WS. And I'm a softy with Brancaia. That said, for the price it's a good wine.

Posts: 4066 | Location: Alexandria, VA, USA | Registered: Oct 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make that three of us that agree on light and thin. Hope the other bottles gain some weight in the next couple of years. As I noted in another thread, I don't know what made this the #10 WS wine in 2009...

Posts: 316 | Registered: Sep 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nevada slim:
As I noted in another thread, I don't know what made this the #10 WS wine in 2009...

One of the reasons that I don't get excited about the top 100. That, and I have no clue how to measure x-factor. Size of woodie after tasting the wine?

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
  • 2007 Brancaia Tre Toscana IGT - Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT (2/9/2013)
    Pretty wine, very good, not outstanding. Lacks a certain pizzaz that I was hoping based on bottles a few years ago. Red berry fruit, maybe a little chocolate, some vanilla. Nice acidity and well balanced. Medium length finish.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3469 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
  • 2007 Brancaia Tre Toscana IGT - Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT (2/9/2013)
    Pretty wine, very good, not outstanding. Lacks a certain pizzaz that I was hoping based on bottles a few years ago. Red berry fruit, maybe a little chocolate, some vanilla. Nice acidity and well balanced. Medium length finish.

Much improved tonight. The red berry fruit has really blossomed on the nose and it's also showing some appealing menthol type scents. Also some nice mineral flavors that I didn't notice last night.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3469 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
  • 2007 Brancaia Tre Toscana IGT - Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT (5/9/2013)
    Seems every bottle I've had has been different. This seems to be the best so far. On opening, red berry fruit scents burst from the bottle. Drank half an hour later without decanting. Red berry fruit, very nice smokiness and brambly forest scents, some nice spice, and a long smooth finish. Outstanding!

- Milton

posted Hide Post
We also opened this last week, brought to a local pizza joint. Lots of juicy fruit and acidity, paired well with the pizza. Not sure if it was worthy of a top ten placement in the top 100, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Punch it , Chewie!

Posts: 1371 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: Jul 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post