WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2007 Domaine Drouhin Oregon Pinot Noir Louise
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2007 Domaine Drouhin Oregon Pinot Noir Louise
 Login/Join 
posted
  • 2007 Domaine Drouhin Oregon Pinot Noir Louise - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (1/17/2013)
    Amazing.

Opened about a half hour before serving, did not decant. Singing. Vanilla, red berry fruit, and floral nose. Tangy palate with more red berry fruit, black pepper, hints of nutmeg, and earthy minerality. Crisp acidity. Harmonious. Very long smooth finish. Outstanding wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3345 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
  • 2007 Domaine Drouhin Oregon Pinot Noir Louise - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (1/17/2013)
    Amazing.

Opened about a half hour before serving, did not decant. Singing. Vanilla, red berry fruit, and floral nose. Tangy palate with more red berry fruit, black pepper, hints of nutmeg, and earthy minerality. Crisp acidity. Harmonious. Very long smooth finish. Outstanding wine.

How did you source this? The Louise is tough to come by.

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2823 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still hanging on to my last bottle of 1993 DD Laurene, and based on my last taste, there's no rush to open it. OR Pinots ae VERY well.

Posts: 1488 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
    Amazing.

How did you source this? The Louise is tough to come by.

I'm a DDO member. They only shipped 2 of these to me in the '07 vintage.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3345 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the note. I haven't touch any of my 07 Louise yet. Should probably give one a try. Need a good party in that I also have a 3L bottle to share at some point. May be a few years down the road on that one.

Posts: 1887 | Registered: Jul 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post