WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2008 Sottimano Barbaresco Curra
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2008 Sottimano Barbaresco Curra
 Login/Join 
posted
I found an orphan bottle at an LCBO here, so I wanted to give it a good home. Didn't want to crack the six-pack I've already got, so it was a chance to taste this wine and compare to the 2008 Pajore I had earlier in the year with the importer.

• 2008 Sottimano Barbaresco Currá - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barbaresco (12/30/2012)
    Decanted for one hour. Dark ruby/garnet colour; opaque at the center. Gorgeous nose of smoke, tobacco, black plums, black licorice, and crushed berries with only the slightest hint of vanillan. Full-bodied, showing impeccable balance with super-fine tannins and great texture. Long finish, ~45-50s, with more crushed berries, black plums, and tobacco. Wow. Simply wow. The wines from Sottimano keep getting better and better. Can't wait to see how this wine develops over time. Could even see another point or two uptick. Drink 2018-2028+. 95 points. (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Love this stuff. It seems like Andrea's wines get better and better with every vintage, and they've been outstanding for years!

Posts: 10934 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post